Last modified: December 28, 2018
This policy is meant to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and how you can update, manage, and delete your information.
What Information Do We Collect?
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you interact with us. The types of information we collect depends on how you use our services. The following types of information are collected by or on behalf of Waldo, LLC:
- Contact details. Your name, email address,
- The content of any correspondence between you and us.
- Information related to your purchase of our books. The book purchased, date purchased, amount paid,
- Information related to your participation in our events. The service(s) and event(s) that you have attended, date and time of arrival and departure, goods purchased,
- Demographic data. Your age, gender, country, preferred language,
- Data on how you use our website. Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version,
- Children’s Data. Waldo, LLC is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 13, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) individuals under the age of 18 (“Minors”) are not permitted to use Waldo, LLC website or Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Waldo, LLC website; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on the Waldo, LLC Website or Apps, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If we direct certain devices, features or apps to Minors who may be under the age of 13, we require the parent or legal guardian to provide verifiable consent to such Minor’s use of our products and services and our collection of personal information in connection with such use. In these cases, we require validation of credit card information already on file with us and we will then e-mail the master account holder to give notice that we have received such consent. If no credit card
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact privacy@Waldollc.com Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from our database and instruct our affiliates and third- party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 18, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on Waldo, LLC Websites and Apps by sending an email to privacy@Waldollc.com with “Privacy rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on the Waldo, LLC Website or Apps.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
1. We collect information from you.
We may collect and receive information from you, including when you:
- use or access our website, such as when you purchase our book or fill out a form;
- communicate with us by email, telephone, in writing, or social media;
- attend one of our book signings or other promotional events; and
- use any of our services;
2. We collect information automatically when you access our website.
Like many websites, we may receive and store information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device when you use or interact with our website.
3. We collect information from other sources.
We may collect and receive information about you from other sources, which may include:
- Individuals requesting services for or on your behalf;
- Publicly available sources; and
- Marketing service providers.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We collect and use your information so that we can operate effectively and provide you with the best experience. We also use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing our services. Supplying you with our services; customizing our services to your preferences; and keeping proper records of those
- Customer support. Notifying you of any changes to our services; responding to your inquiries via email, phone, or writing, or social media; investigating and addressing concerns raised by you; and monitoring and improving our customer support
- Improving our services. Conducting data analysis and audits; developing new products and services; enhancing our website; improving our services; identifying usage trends and visiting patterns; conducting customer satisfaction, market research, and quality assurance surveys; determining the effectiveness of our promotions, and meeting contractual
- Marketing and promotions (with your consent). Sending you emails and messages about news and new promotions, book signings, sweepstakes, products and services, and
- Legal proceedings and requirements. Investigating or addressing claims or disputes relating to your use of our services; or as otherwise allowed by applicable law; or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties. We may share the information we collect:
1. With our service providers and business partners.
We may provide information to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Online marketplaces;
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners;
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers; and
- Insurance and financing
2. With your consent.
We may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
We may share your information with third parties for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute. This may include, for example:
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- To comply with a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of any government or law enforcement authority; and
- To establish or exercise our legal rights and to protect and defend us in connection with any threatened or actual legal action, claim or
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal information was provided;
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping;
- a specific legal or regulatory requirement; and/or
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal
Where Do We Store Your Information?
We process and store personal information inside the United States.
How Secure Is Your Information?
We implement reasonable administrative, organizational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal information within our control from unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures.
Like many websites, we use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website or any apps that we may make available on our website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be stored in your web browser that uniquely identify your browser or device.
Cookies allow us to know if your computer or device has visited our site before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how our site is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies let you use all the different parts of our website. Without them, services that you have asked for cannot be
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used our website, so that we can make it better. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to provide enhanced functionality and personalize our website to you by remembering your preferences and They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies may be set through our website by us, our advertising partners or other third-party partners. They may be used to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than ours. This information may be shared with outside organizations, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners to provide aggregate website usage statistics and aggregate website
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies at third-party websites, such as:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
- Not provide us with personal information. If you choose to do this, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may
- Turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. You can block cookies by activating a setting on your browser allowing you to refuse You can also delete cookies through your browser settings. If you turn off cookies, you can continue to use the website; however, certain services may not work effectively.
- Opt-out of receiving promotional emails. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing and if third parties are involved. You can opt out from receiving marketing material from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Delete your personal information. You can ask us to erase or delete all, or some, of your personal information if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. To request for us to delete your personal information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change or correct your personal information. You can ask us to change, update or fix your personal information in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate. To request for us to change or correct your personal information, email us at email@example.com.
How Will We Notify You of Changes to This Policy?
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes on our website or through other means, such as email.
Other Important Information
Do Not Track Signals. Our website is not configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings.
Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have provided their personal information to us may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personally identifiable information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at: Waldo, LLC, Attention: Privacy Department, Waldo LLC 10100 Galaxy Way #2339 Century Hill Los Angeles, CA 90067. Please include the subject heading
“California Privacy Rights.” Within thirty days after receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third- party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year (if any), along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Information Collected From Persons Outside The United States. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. Additionally, we may transfer your personal information to other countries, for example because a server or third party service provider is located there. The data protection and privacy laws of other countries, including the United States, may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country. We will take appropriate steps to protect your information. By doing business or interacting with us, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to and within facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by us.
Contact Us. Questions, comments and complaints about our data practices can be sent to our data privacy office by sending an email to email@example.com or writing us at: Waldo, LLC, Attention: Privacy Department Waldo LLC 10100 Galaxy Way #2339 Century Hill Los Angeles, CA 90067.